If you’ve got kids you will know how frustrating it is when the weather starts to get colder and you don’t really feel like going to the park. We’re always looking for something to keep the kids entertained and what better way than with a cuppa and some crafts. Happy parents, happy children and no one needs to leave the house! Win-win!
So here are my favourite simple craft ideas to try out this Autumn.
- Leaf Wreaths – Why not bring the nature home and make some leaf wreaths, all you need is a paper plate, some glue and some leaves, it really is that simple. You can even make handprints for a brilliant keepsake.
2. Pine Cone Hedgehogs- How cute are these? This is definitely one ill be trying with my two kids.
3. Painting with Nature – Pine cones, conkers and leaves can also be a fab way to paint, to explore new patterns and painting techniques.
4. Cotton Bud Painting
5. Rock Painting- Rock painting seems to be very popular these days, so why not try painting some ready to hide on the days you do venture out.
6. Leaf Hedgehog – Why not add some leaves to a drawing?
7. Paper plate Hedgehog – or if you just really don’t feel like collecting leaves today, why not try a paper plate?
8. Mess-free Squishy Tree – This is perfect for the younger children.
9. Tissue paper tree- This is a simple but effective craft idea.
10 Handprint owls – Because we all love a good handprint craft project, right?
I’d love to see some more craft ideas so please do share some with me if there’s anything you’ve tried that i’ve missed.