Only one more day till Halloween and it will be one whole month of blogging! I honestly can’t believe I’ve stuck to it. I usually start 30-day challenges, do well for the first week and a half then miss one day for one reason or another and think fuck it what’s the point, I’ve already missed a day what’s another, then I never start it again.
To be honest sticking to Blogtober has been challenging at times to think of post ideas, to keep on track and to fit in the time to write posts up. Some posts have been good, some have been bad but I’ve almost done it.
I think next year, if I take part in Blogtober or if I take part in Blogmas this year I will definitely plan ahead more to take the pressure off a bit. I’ve found myself panicking and staying up late when I should go to bed just to write posts so that I don’t miss a day. I’m so glad I stuck to it!
Now that Blogtober is drawing to an end I’m slowly going to start focusing on my Instagram again and go back to sharing other parents birth stories, parenting hacks/tips/advice. I plan on reverting back to my niche! I will still have a few random posts and I plan on posting more regularly than I was before Blogtober but maybe not daily.
What are your aims for after Blogtober?
Lately, I’ve been collecting Jars for our wedding so I’ve been scouring Pinterest for ideas on what I can do with them. Our wedding is rustic themed so the different shape and sized jars work great. I never realised how many fab things you can do for all occasions with jars and bottles. Here are my favourite ideas, hope you like them as much as I do.
- Fairy/pixie/dragon jars – I love this idea for Arias bedroom when we finally get out of this house and she can have her own room. Also, I had to include the second photo anybody who knows me knows I love harry potter, so a cornish pixie in a jar is a must.
2. Hessian rustic jars – These are perfect for our wedding theme and it’s highly likely we will be doing this. I love how simple it is and how many ways you can mix it up.
3. Glittery jars – these are perfect for autumn or for the Christmas period. They look so homely.
4. Autumn Leaves – Simple yet effective.
5. Halloween – How amazing do these Halloween themed jars look? There are so many possibilities with these. You can get printable stencils online of almost any design.
6. Brownie jar – I’ve seen a few different style jars but this is one of my favourites, it’s perfect as a gift. It’s an easy way to save time, you can get the kids involved and there are so many different possibilities. You could try cake, cookies, brownies, hot chocolate, milkshake or many others.
7. Fairy Lodge – Now in all honesty I don’t think id be able to make this as it looks a bit more tricky but I love the idea behind it, it looks absolutely beautiful and if your a very crafty person it would make a great gift.
8. Rubberband -this is such a simple idea and it looks amazing, you could even try making mummy inspired ones for Halloween.
9- Love Bottles
10. String lights – How amazing do these look, just by adding string lights.
How on earth have we only got 3 months left of this year already? it seems like just yesterday we booked the wedding on January 1st and now this year is almost over. So I thought this would be a great time to plan what I want to achieve before this year up.
I’m going to split this post into categories:
- Family Goals
- Personal Goals
- Important Goals
- Goals as a couple
- Additional Goals
There is so much I want to do as a family especially near Christmas but I’d love to go to more mother and toddler groups with Finley or start doing some crafts in the house now that I get some alone time with him. Also every year we go to a winter wonderland with the kids so would love to continue that tradition, I can’t wait to go trick or treating this year with the kids, fingers crossed Finley stays awake this time. I really want to start going swimming too but with dan in work so much its hard to actually arrange a time to go.
I’m just going to list these:
- GET OUT MORE!!
- clean more (i know boring)
- make time for me
- Eat healthier (cliche)
- blog more and keep up with my social media
- Carry on making wax melts
- Pay photographer off
- Pay wedding venue off
- Book limo
- Get wedding dress altered
- Get organised with Christmas shopping
- Try to find somewhere else to live (optional but very important)
- Have hair and makeup trial.
- Pay bridesmaids dresses off
I think the only goal we really have is to have date nights id love to have a date once a week/two weeks but that’s highly unlikely to happen so I’m hoping we can do one a month, whether that be a takeaway and a movie without the kids, a few hours out for a walk, or a night out/ meal out.
I felt like I needed this category because these are far from essential but I would like to get these things done if I can.
- Try potty training Finley.
- Re- wallpaper the kid’s bedroom
- Get a new wash box
- Get a single bed and bedding for both kids.
- Get rid of the bookshelf and get a storage unit for the kid’s toys
- Get a shoe rack
- Try teach Finley some new words with flashcards.
- walk Finley to pick aria up daily. (currently on day 3)
So there we have it that’s my goals for the last three months of 2018, it’s highly likely that I’ve forgotten something and will add to my list but for now that’s it. Have you set yourself any goals for the end of the year?
A little follow on from yesterdays post, how about some Halloween Crafts? Something to get the kids in the spirit.
- Popsicle stick Frankenstein – Simple yet effective.
2. Handprint Bats – Great for decorating the house and for encouraging the kid’s imagination and creativity.
3. Paper plates can be great there are so many different ways you can get creative, including making spiders and pumpkins.
4. Rock Painting – It’s becoming such a big craze at the moment to paint and hide rocks. So why not try painting some wicked witches or pumpkins.
5.Toilet Roll Bats – This is such a cheap, cheerful craft project.
6. Or how about making some creepy, crawly spiders?
7. Paper plate witches – How wicked do these look?
8. Frankenstein footprints – Don’t be afraid to get creative, why not try making a mummy with a black piece of card and white paint, maybe add some googly eyes? or try orange and green for pumpkins.
9. What about some colourful outlines? Find some printable bats, witches, pumpkins or whatever takes your fancy and use a cotton bud to dab paint around the stencils.
10. Pumpkin Apple Slice – Simply cut an apple in half paint the one side and stamp on a piece of paper it’s that easy.
So this year I’ve decided to attempt Blogtober. I’ve only recently stumbled upon it and I’m very excited to try it, fingers crossed if all goes well I’m hoping to do Blogmas too. For those of you don’t know Blogtober is where you post a new blog post every day of October, it doesn’t have to be Autumn/Halloween related but most people try to go with the theme and I’m going to try to do that too.
Another reason behind me taking part in Blogtober is as you will know from the last post I’ve rebranded so I’m starting from scratch, Blogtober is the perfect thing for me to get my love back for writing.
Heres a list of the blog ideas that have stood out to me, some of these I will be doing posts on some I may not, it all depends on the time I have to do it. So if your thinking about taking part in Blogtober then feel free to use some of these ideas.
- Intro (this is my intro)
- Fun things to do with the kids (outdoors)
- Slow cooker recipes
- Halloween crafts
- Autumn crafts
- Favourite things about Autumn
- Halloween costume ideas
- Things to do on a rainy day
- Books to read
- Favourite scary films
- Favourite family films
- Tips to help you cope with the darker mornings
- Autumn wishlist
- Pumpkin carving ideas
- Halloween Snacks
- Throwing a Halloween party
- Decorating your home for Halloween
- My favourite things to do in Autumn
- Ghost Stories
- Favourite Autumn Scents
- Meal ideas with pumpkins
- Baking with the kids
- Craft ideas with colourful leaves
- List of goals for the last few months of the year
- Ultimate cosy night in
- a guest post from another blogger
- Share a #tbt (maybe Halloween costumes from last year)
- Favourite quote and why?
- I never thought blogging would…
- Halloween Costume Reveal.
So, I’m starting from scratch. All my original followers will know I was originally mombiediaries1.
I changed my name for many reasons, one was because I’d never actually said it out loud before and when I went to the baby show in Cardiff I realised I didn’t like the way it sounded I felt like an idiot saying it. So needless to say this was my main reason for the change. I also wanted to change it as I’m getting married in just over 7 months time (I’m shitting myself) and I wanted to have a name that had my new name in it, I wanted my page to be relatable to all parents not just mums and of course I had to have my other great love in there somewhere, hence the “brew”. Anyone who knows me will know I drink tea like there’s no tomorrow, I know I should cut back but I need all the caffeine I can get with two toddlers 14 months apart.
The only frustrating thing about me changing my name is I’ve had a few problems changing things over, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest have been fine but my actual blog I’ve had to change and my facebook page I’ve also had to change. Which is very frustrating as I was just starting to build my followers up. So to anybody reading this who are interested in anything parenting related feel free to give my page a follow and thanks for reading.