Can I just start this last post of Blogtober by saying I hope you’ve all had a great Halloween.
We’ve had such a great day today we started out going to Llanciach Fawr where we took part in various activities and we watched a magic show. Aria got over her fear of bouncy castles.
We got to see some fascinating animals including a possum, meerkats, a lizard and some sort of bug. I’m not quite sure what bug it was his name was Vinnie but he was part of the arachnid family but also looked a little like a scorpion, I actually held Vinnie and I was quite surprised at myself, I wasn’t scared at all and you couldn’t even feel him on your hand. I also held the lizard which was beautiful. I have to say I was gutted though because the day before they had snakes and an armadillo, I absolutely love snakes!
We also played outside on the slide and with footballs, hoops and bean bags which both the kids absolutely loved. Not as much as Aria loved the bouncy castle though I actually had to drag her off there kicking and screaming when we had to leave. We finished off with a puppet show before we headed home for some dinner and then trick or treating. Aria loved the fact she got sweets for knocking on peoples doors and I can already imagine what she will be like tomorrow asking for some. Finley on the other hand, we decided to take him on his reins, BIG MISTAKE! He dropped to the floor about 100 times which meant he was soaking wet from head to toe. He wouldn’t stay still so I just looked like a greedy adult asking for sweets while Finley was nowhere to be seen. He finally got the hang of knocking doors when we were nearly home, maybe next year he will be a bit more into it. Fingers crossed.
If you saw yesterdays post you will know me and Dan had a little date night. It was actually a surprise birthday meal for one of my closest friends so obviously I couldn’t write about it then but it was so lovely to have an adult conversation, good (hot) food and time as a couple.
Tomorrow we will be pumpkin carving with the kids so here are some ideas on what to do with your pumpkins.
- Harry Potter (my favourite)
2. Jack Skeleton
3. Mike Wazowski
4. Cheshire Cat
5. Skull with brains
6. Bats and Stars
8. Oogie Boogie Man
I couldn’t do a post about women’s makeup and not do one for men now could I? but I have to say looking for men’s makeup ideas is hard, there’s so little variety. Skeletons and the joker mainly.
Here are the best I’ve found, I just as well start with the two just mentioned.
When looking for Halloween makeup I often get lost looking for ideas, I’m completely amazed by the looks that can be created with makeup. If I’m honest I’m more of painting my face white with dark lips and dark eye makeup kind of girl or just cover myself in fake blood. I’m no good at makeup, I can’t do winged eyeliner for the life of me but if you do consider yourself good at makeup give some of these a try. If you do please tag me I absolutely love looking at makeup ideas.
This is probably the only one I could do to resemble a scarecrow of some sorts.
I absolutely love the corpse bride.
So there we have it they are my top make up looks this year! Which ones are your favourite?
What are you going as this Halloween?
Now I don’t know about anybody else but I’ve always loved the idea of having a family theme for our costumes and I’m desperately trying to do that this year on little funds. So here are some of my favourite family costume ideas. we will be trying the Adams family this year I think… always wanted to be Morticia.
1.101 Dalmations- How amazing do they look?
2. Scooby Doo – I absolutely loved scooby doo growing up (who am I kidding I still love the movies)
3. The Wizard of Oz
4. Coco inspired – If you haven’t seen Coco you need to it’s an amazing film.
5. The Incredibles – If like me you couldn’t wait to see the Incredibles 2 then why not dress as your favourite super family this year?
6.Batman, Catwoman and Robin – Or you may like the more traditional superheroes.
7. The Addams Family – You can’t really go wrong when dressing as the Addams family, black/stripey clothes and black hair.
8. The Flinstones
9.Inside Out – This is a family favourite in our house, i absolutely loved watching inside out.
10. Despicable Me – No matter how many little minions you have this idea is suitable for any family.
Lately, I’ve been collecting Jars for our wedding so I’ve been scouring Pinterest for ideas on what I can do with them. Our wedding is rustic themed so the different shape and sized jars work great. I never realised how many fab things you can do for all occasions with jars and bottles. Here are my favourite ideas, hope you like them as much as I do.
- Fairy/pixie/dragon jars – I love this idea for Arias bedroom when we finally get out of this house and she can have her own room. Also, I had to include the second photo anybody who knows me knows I love harry potter, so a cornish pixie in a jar is a must.
2. Hessian rustic jars – These are perfect for our wedding theme and it’s highly likely we will be doing this. I love how simple it is and how many ways you can mix it up.
3. Glittery jars – these are perfect for autumn or for the Christmas period. They look so homely.
4. Autumn Leaves – Simple yet effective.
5. Halloween – How amazing do these Halloween themed jars look? There are so many possibilities with these. You can get printable stencils online of almost any design.
6. Brownie jar – I’ve seen a few different style jars but this is one of my favourites, it’s perfect as a gift. It’s an easy way to save time, you can get the kids involved and there are so many different possibilities. You could try cake, cookies, brownies, hot chocolate, milkshake or many others.
7. Fairy Lodge – Now in all honesty I don’t think id be able to make this as it looks a bit more tricky but I love the idea behind it, it looks absolutely beautiful and if your a very crafty person it would make a great gift.
8. Rubberband -this is such a simple idea and it looks amazing, you could even try making mummy inspired ones for Halloween.
9- Love Bottles
10. String lights – How amazing do these look, just by adding string lights.
What better way to keep busy in the house than some Halloween baking? Why not get the kids to help decorate. This is a great way to let the kid’s imagination flow and to make them feel good. My kids always want to be in the kitchen when I’m cooking, so absolutely love it when I say they actually can!
2. Creepy Halloween Bark
3. Witches Hats – These would also be great as Christmas hats!
4. Ghost Brownies – Also why not try pumpkins, bats, witches or Frankenstein brownies. Dont be afraid to get creative.
5.Frankenstein rice crispy treats
6. Mummy brownies
7. Bat Bites
8. Popcorn Hands
9. Strawberry Ghosts
10. Chocolate dipped marshmallows
11. Doughnut eyes
12. Spiderweb Cheesecake