I can’t believe that it was two months yesterday till Christmas!! I know I’m supposed to be doing posts autumn/ Halloween related but I’m so excited and nervous for Christmas this year. I can’t wait because the kids are finally getting excited (okay well Aria is) but then, on the other hand, this year we are struggling majorly with money, with the wedding to pay for, both of us learning to drive, a car to buy and Christmas approaching rapidly it scares the shit out of me.
So I’m going to lighten the mood a little and do 10 facts about me post.
- I’m a qualified hairdresser and beauty therapist but I don’t do anything with it other than cutting Finley’s hair. I’d love to get back into the beauty side but more down the massage/spa route.
- I have 5 tattoos. A yellow rose on my hip with the date my mother passed away, a Pheonix on my lower back/side holding the deathly hallows sign with “mischief managed” wrote underneath. I have a small “D” on my foot for Dan, a mother cradling a baby with Aria and Finley’s names underneath on my arm and above that, a portrait of my mother with “love always” wrote underneath in her handwriting. I eventually want a full sleeve, an underboob tattoo and a thigh tattoo.
- I only have one piercing (well two) my ears but I did have my belly button and both my nipples pierced. My body just seems to reject piercings though.
- I once electrocuted myself by putting my tongue on a plug socket, a toy microwave. I was devastated when my dad took it off me it made real cupcakes. Can’t say I blame him mind.
- My biggest dream is to become an author, I love writing and am currently in the process of writing my own book so watch this space.
- I’m getting married in 6 months! How has it come around so quick it seems like only yesterday we booked our wedding, after a night of new years celebrations we woke up and decided to book.
- I was scared to ride a bike until about two months ago when we decided we wanted more family days out so we both got bikes.
- My latest fascinations are healing crystals, palmistry and tarot cards. Healing crystals I started getting into because its something I remember my mother loved and I guess I want to feel close to her in some strange way. It also fascinates me to see all the beautiful colours and all the different uses/meanings behind them. I got into palmistry and tarot cards just because I saw an app that scans your hands to read them and then you have to join/pay to find out your answers so I thought I’d just learn it myself.
- I’ve also started learning Welsh on the duolingo app. It’s silly really but I can barely speak any Welsh yet I live in Wales, I was born in Wales, I’m Welsh!
- I suffer from anxiety.